Monday 13 January 2014

LETTER OF MOTIVATION



LETTER OF MOTIVATION


During the past four years, I studied Metallurgical and Materials Engineering at Mehran University of Engineering and Technology Jamshoro, Sindh, Pakistan. The emphasis of my studies was understanding the fundamental metallurgical and materials principles that govern modern day process. But I also learned about other diverse topics such as safety, Environment, and Materials Treatments. I found the last topic, Materials Processing, to be very interesting and exciting, because one of my career aspirations is to participate in the senior operation head of a metallurgical company.

To further my career aspirations of becoming part of a senior operation team, that’s why I want to obtain a Master’s Degree in Material Processing. Having this knowledge will allow me to better understand metallurgical and materials principles. With all the uncertainty and changes in with world, political, economic and technological, I believe that metals and other materials manufacturing process must have a solid understanding, supported by a strong academic foundation, of how to guide company through these challenging times.

There are a number of different Institutes and approaches to supply chain issues. The Industrial Engineering and Management Department of The Royal Institute of Technology best suites me because it offers many courses that are specifically related to areas of my interest like, operations research, metallurgical process. Beside that, I have read many of the engineering Department’s published papers related to operations occur in manufacturing and management, which I found very helpful in the process of writing my thesis. Conducting Masters Studies and Thesis would improve and increase my knowledge and practical experience, especially because I have very little research possibilities in my country. It will be my privilege to work, develop Masters Thesis and learn from professors with grate experience in theory and practice.

No education is complete without experience. Armed with a solid understanding of academic principles, I can begin my career where I will add to my experience. Because I will be well versed in the theory, I will be able to adapt and modify the theoretical constructs as required in order to meet my company’s needs. I fully recognize that our political, economic, and technological environments are constantly changing, and thus command on materials processing needs to be able to adapt quickly and accurately to the new conditions if the company is to survive, let alone prosper. I believe obtaining a Master's Degree will provide the necessary background for me to be to anticipate and react to ever-changing environments.
 

Sincerely,
Aftab Ahmed Abro

No comments:

Post a Comment